MySqlBackup.dll

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Hi adriancs. Is it possible to download the compiled mysqlbackup.dll and re-use it in my code?

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Hi kenmwiti. Precompile version of MySqlBackup.dll is now added and available at [Downloads] page.

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Thanks Adriancs for your quick response. I managed to download the Precompile version and incorporated it in my project with the help of Basic Examples on this link <http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/256466/MySqlBackup-NET-MySQL-Backup-Solution-for-Csharp-V> The Example 1 & 2: Backup and Restore respectively are working perfect with all tables and stored procedures being restored. However, Example 5 & 6: Backup with Encryption & Restore with Decryption respectively are also working BUT after restoring, the stored procedures are missing. Does backup with encryption support stored procedures or where could I going wrong?

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2012 at 5:18 AM

Hi kenmwiti. there is a bug.

Its fixed now in new version of 1.5.6. You may want to review it.

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Hi Adriancs. Thanks for the fix. I downloaded Precompile + Demo + Diagnosis Tools for NET2.0. This Precompile version of MySqlBackup.dll is working ok with encryption on both backup and restore. As noted on this file name, it is expected to work with .net 2.0, however, it is working only with .net 3.5.

If I run this command on a computer without .net 3.5, this is the error message, that it is throwing, "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, . . . ' or one of its dependencies. . . ".

I would love it to work on .net 2.0. If you Recompile it on .net 2.0, would it work? Or will we be forced to work with .net 3.5 ?

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Hi, I have just downloaded the [Precompile + Demo + Diagnosis Tools for NET2.0] and try compile with a .NET 2.0 Winform App.

It did compile successfully, and the Runtime Version of showed v2.0.50727 too.

Are you sure you have clicked on the right link?

The original development platform of this class is in .NET 2.0. It is then converted into 3.5 and 4.0.

If you did click on the right link, then I'm currently not sure what is the cause of problem that encountered.

Perhaps, you may try uploading a sample project that creates the problem at [Issue Tracker]. I'll try to diagnosis.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Hello sir, Do you have by any chance have mysqlbackup  for mysql connector 6.5.4 version? i tried this but VS says i dont have 6.6 which is the latest version of mysqlconnector . I'm afraid if I update my mysqlconnector may cause problem on my current project. Pls help .

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Edited Jan 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Reply to ProtheanVII,

Hi, that is the problem of using pre-compiled version of MySqlBackup. During building the DLL, it is built on top mysqlconnector and it remembers the version too.

If you use pre-compiled DLL of MySqlBackup, you have to use the version of connector which is used to compile it.

Therefore, to use your own version of connector, you have to manually compile MySqlBackup which referencing your version of connector.

Reply to kenmwiti,

I have rechecked with the issue that you have reported earlier about the version of .NET 2.0 cannot be used in .NET 3.5 and 4.0.

I have verified that precompiled DLL of .NET 2.0 can be used in all target frameworks, these include .NET 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5.

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Don't worry about upgrading your project to latest mysqlconnector. It won't have much difference. Your project should be able to be built just fine.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Dear adriancs. By the way the question regarding mysql connector 6.5.4 version was by ProtheanVII, as seen in the discussion above. Personally, I have had no issues with the connector, though I use version 6.6.4.

Regarding my earlier question in the discussion about an error I received about .NET 2.0, I stepped into my code only to find that just before I called MySqlBackup, I had used an assembly System.Linq to count the disk drives on my computer. This reference System.Linq is on .NET 3.5 and that is the one that was causing the error. I removed the reference, and from that time, I have had no issues with MySqlBackUp. Thank you so much.

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Oops, :)

I have edited the above post, divided it into 2. Replying 2 posts in 1 post.

you have involved in this discussion. Therefore, you might be informed by codeplex if there are new messages. :)